Megan Shute for Only In Your State on the stunning sites in Hawaii. Let us show you the beauty and culture of the Kilauea Volcano on one of our Volcano Express tours which depart from Kona or Waikoloa.
You don’t have to leave the country to experience incredible views. America is full of beautiful and unique sites, from sea to shining sea – and 2,300 miles off the coast of California in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, of course. After all, the Aloha State is absolutely breathtaking, and these 19 stunning sights in Hawaii are sure to make you pause to appreciate this country’s great beauty, from one of the state’s most beautiful, lush waterfalls to long stretches of fine, white sand and everywhere in between.
1. There’s a reason Waimea Canyon is often considered to be the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific.”
2. Kilauea Caldera within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is quite entrancing.
3. As is Hawaii Volcanoes’ Thurston Lava Tube.
4. This magnificent redwood forest within Maui’s Polipoli State Park will transport you to another world.
5. There is nothing quite like Kauai’s fabled Na Pali Coast.
6. The Big Island’s Waipio Valley is absolutely grand.
7. Oahu’s southeastern shore is quite breathtaking.
8. There’s this stunning bamboo forest within Haleakala National Park.
9. And you’ve got killer sunsets (and sunrises) from the summit of Mount Haleakala.
10. The black sand beaches on Hawaii Island will drop your jaw.
11. As will Papakolea, Hawaii’s green sand beach at the southernmost point in the United States.
12. Molokai’s sea cliffs are the tallest in the world, and will easily take your breath away.
13. There’s something almost spiritual about the way the stars sparkle over Mauna Kea.
14. Oahu’s Ko’olau Mountains provide the island with stunning scenery from all angles.
15. There is little more beautiful than Queen’s Bath, the crowned jewel of tide pools located on Kauai.
16. There is little more American than a good road trip, and Maui’s magnificent Hana Highway provides quite the ride.
17. Oahu’s Diamond Head Crater is majestic, especially from above.
18. The 442-foot tall Akaka Falls on Hawaii Island is truly a natural wonder.
19. Not to mention the pristine white sand beaches that abound in Hawaii, like Oahu’s Waimanalo Beach Park.