Megan Shute for Only In Your State on 15 beautiful places in Hawaii. Hawaii National Volcanoes Park is on this list. Join us on one of our Volcano Express tours leaving from Kona or Waikoloa and experience the raw beauty and culture of Hawaii in luxury.
Hawaii is absolute paradise — from stunning beaches and crystal blue water to majestic mountains, serene valleys, and breathtaking sunsets, the Aloha state has it all. And whether you’ve lived in the Aloha State your entire life or are enjoying a once-in-a-lifetime vacation, taking perfect photographs of Hawaii is a never-ending goal. Luckily, Hawaii is full of natural beauty, and taking a stellar photo of the islands is pretty easy, especially if you visit these fifteen places.
1. A walk along Waikiki beach will provide the perfect photo opportunity — a cityscape, beach, the beautiful Pacific, and Diamond Head in the background.
2. Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is a dream for any photographer. Where else will you get to experience such raw natural beauty?
3. Lighthouses have always been popular photo subjects — and Kauai’s Kilauea Lighthouse is no exception.
4. Beach shots are gorgeous, but unique black sand beach photos are even better.
5. If you want to brave the steep climb to the top, the Pu’U’Ohulu Kai hike on Oahu’s leeward coast provides a pretty cool spot to take some stellar shots.
6. I can only imagine seeing — and photographing — such an amazing sunset, taken from the summit of Haleakala.
7. There is no better photo opportunity on Kauai than Waimea Canyon…
8. Unless, of course, you can take a helicopter ride near the Na Pali Coast for some epic aerial shots.
9. Oahu’s Byodo-In Temple is a scale replica of a temple in Japan, and the perfect spot for some gorgeous and unique architectural shots.
10. The Big Island’s Waipio Valley is absolutely stunning — but almost doesn’t even look like Hawaii.
11. Views from the Kula Lavendar Farm are almost too gorgeous to believe.
12. Capture a piece of American history with a visit to any of the Pearl Harbor Historic Sites on Oahu — this incredible shot is of the USS Missouri, or the “Mighty Mo.”
13/ With so many stunning waterfalls to choose from, it was hard to pick just one. Hawaii Island’s Rainbow Falls is definitely one of the cooler ones to photograph.
14. This fence of surfboards on Maui would make a cool backdrop for some great portraits.
15. The Nuuanu Pali Lookout provides sweeping views of Oahu’s windward coast.